April Cedillo, the owner and founder of Link Interpret, is an experienced presenter on how to most effectively work with an interpreter. She frequently presents Continuing Legal Education courses for attorneys. These one to three hour presentations can be tailored to your specific needs and audience, and are accepted by the MN State Bar as Elimination of Bias credits. Contact Link Interpret today to schedule a personalized presentation for your law firm!
Past presentations include:
- Elimination of Bias: Simple Strategies for Effective Communication with Interpreters. Worker’s Compensation Institute, April 29, 2017 MN State Bar Association.
- The basics on working with your interpreter. Presentation at Martineau Leonard PLLC. April 5, 2017.
- Elimination of Bias: Simple Strategies for Effective Communication with Interpreters. Worker’s Compensation Institute, April 17, 2015, MN State Bar Association.
- Becoming the Land of 10,000 Languages: Effectively Working with Interpreters and Navigating other Challenges when Representing Immigrants. MN State Bar Human Rights Committee, March 5, 2013, panel member
- Best Practices for Public Defenders Using an Interpreter in Court. MN Public Defender Training MN, February 15, 2013
- Simple Strategies for Effective Depositions with Interpreters. Worker's Compensation Institute, April 13, 2012, MN State Bar Association.
- Top 10 Tips for ADR with an Interpreter. MN State Bar ADR training mini presentation, December 14, 2010
- Working with Interpreters Webcast. MN State Bar Association, April 29, 2010, course chairperson
- Working with Court Interpreters and Non-English Speaking Clients. Hennepin County Bar Association, January 29, 2010 course chairperson
- Lost in Translation: Cultural and Practical Considerations for Working with Interpreters. Upper Midwest Employment Law Institute, May 29, 2009 panel member
- MN Department of Human Services Judge's Training. March 2008.